Welcome to Mantelli’s
The Mantelli’s Biscuit Factory nestles in a picturesque valley beneath the Constantiaberg Mountains close to Cape Town, South Africa.
Privately owned and a member of Proudly South African, Mantelli’s was established in 1988 with the primary objective of producing world class premium biscuits which do justice to our motto of “Feeling Good About What You Eat!”
Mantelli’s specialises in smaller runs of niche biscuits and cookies which have a significant handmade component which differentiates them from biscuits produced in mainstream factories.
We pride ourselves with our focus and flexibility in developing ranges of biscuits for the most discerning markets - this flexibility encompasses both recipe development as well as specific packaging requirements.
Mantelli’s has been responsible
for a number
South African market
- First biscuit manufacturer to be certified both Kosher and Halaal
- First biscuit manufacturer to have a new factory officially opened and staff blessed by Archbishop Desmond Tutu
- First manufacturer to individually wrap biscuits inside the retail boxes
- First manufacturer to offer traditional as well as no added sugar ranges
- First manufacturer to offer biscuits in a wide range of single serve packaging
- First manufacturer to only employ women
- First manufacturer to launch pure butter shortbread commercially
- First manufacturer to have sugar based and sugar free biscuit ranges commercially available on a national basis
Mantelli’s employees form
the backbone of our business
There are several unique features regarding our staff complement
- All employees are female
- 95% are from previously disadvantaged groups
- All factory staff were previously untrained as well as unemployed and have become skilled through our various on the job training schemes
- Collectively, Mantelli’s employees have almost 200 years experience at Mantelli’s in manufacturing our premium biscuits
The manufacture of Mantelli’s biscuits is labour intensive. The Mantelli’s factory together with the support of our customers play a vital role in the creating of challenging job opportunities which enhance the quality of our employees’ and their respective families’ lives.
We believe that our product range is a market leader in terms of innovation, packaging and quality. Our research and development department is continually experimenting with new recipes and keeps abreast of international trends by attending all the major food shows in Europe.
Mantelli’s is FSSC 22000 (Food Safety System Certification 22000) certified. FSSC 22000 is a worldwide food safety certification scheme that incorporates the international and independent standards ISO 22000 as well as ISO/TS 22002-1 / PAS 220. FSSC 22000 is fully recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and Accreditation Bodies around the world.
Our modern factory incorporates
the latest technology in industrial design:
- The building is positively pressurized
- Sophisticated air conditioning and extraction systems throughout the production area
- All wash hand basins have foot operated taps – no tap handles to touch which can lead to contamination
- Well designed change rooms and facilities for our staff